Rainy days should be no excuse not to be able to exercise. There are various activities both parents and children can participate in. Here is a list of activities to keep parents and children moving.
- Treasure Hunt Game
- Give children 30 minutes to complete. Make the price a healthy snack and hide prize outside.
- Cut out pictures from magazines or print pictures online to use as clues. Also, include a physical activity in each clue. For example, make children hop, skip, bear crawl or side shuffle and so on.
- Hide clues under rocks or inside Easter Eggs.
- Play outdoor games inside the house or in the garage
- Place basketball court under the porch and play a game of HORSE.
- Play basketball using an indoor mini court to place on the door and play with
- Move the furniture around in the living room to play golf or hockey. Place a box or cup on its side.
- Tie a rope to two chairs to play a game of limbo.
- Play volleyball with a balloon or beach ball tying a tope or string to two chairs.
- Play outside in the rain
- Put on rain boots, raincoats, and warm clothes and stomp on the puddles.
- Sidewalk chalk during or after rain
Don’t forget the umbrella!
- Field Trip to an indoor play area. Search for the nearest location.
- Ice/Roller Skating
- Indoor tennis court
- Indoor trampoline park; Rocket Jump or Sky Zone
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Fitness Videos
- Nintendo Wii Sports or Just Dance
- Zumba or Kickboxing videos
- Encourage children to create their own dance routine and have a competition.