Looking for a great side dish packed with flavor and nutrients? Then this Greek Broccoli Salad is perfect for you!
It can be served at family meals or parties alongside grilled chicken, beef skewers, or lamb, and can even be eaten alone as a snack. Not to mention, broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, potassium, fiber, and folate. Enjoy this delicious way to serve broccoli!
- 1 large bunch of broccoli (about 1¼ pounds), florets removed and sliced into small pieces
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes (rinse and pat dry)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion (or shallots)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese and/or Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (agave nectar)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
In a medium-sized bowl, toss together the broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, feta and/or olives, and almonds.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well blended. Toss the dressing with the salad and serve. Enjoy the salad right away or let it rest for about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe from: http://cookieandkate.com/2015/greek-broccoli-salad-recipe/