Sandwiches and wraps are almost always a fan favorite; who doesn’t love a filling meal or snack that can be grabbed on the go or enjoyed with nature’s utensils- our hands? Kids are especially fond eating and helping prepare hand-held foods.
Replacing toast, a tortilla, or wrap with collard green leaves adds an extra crunch, great fiber, antioxidants, and iron. Kids will love helping put this flavorful meal together and adding any other fillings they already love!
Makes 4 wraps
- 4 collard green wraps, washed
- 1/2 C organic cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 C organic broccoli, finely chopped
- 1.5 C organic plain coleslaw (purple & green cabbage)
- 1 C shredded organic carrot
- 1 C organic cucumber shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Organic avocados
- 4 Tbsp Sesame Dressing
- 1.5 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- Cook garbanzo beans in water or low sodium vegetable broth (optional) until soft
- Shred all vegetables
- Arrange about 1/2 C of vegetables + ½ cup garbanzo beans on each wrap (depending on the size of the wrap)
- Slice 1/2 avocado in each wrap
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of Sesame Dressing (or any other dressing of your choice)
- Wrap tightly like a burrito
- Enjoy your refreshing, filling treat!
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife