Who Knew a Radish And Parsnip Salad Could Taste So Good!
In battling obesity, our team is determined to serve healthy produce to children of all ages. That’s why we love partnering with great organizations like “Waste Not OC”. Knowing our desire to serve an underserved demographic, Waste Not OC donated fresh produce to our facility to use for the children. But will kids eat parsnips and radishes? It turns out that they will!
Let’s first go over the benefits of incorporating radishes and parsnips into your family’s diet:
- Great source of fiber, vitamin K, Vitamin C, and folate
- Rich in disease-preventing antioxidants
- Helps with weight loss
- Boosts your immune system
- Great source of vitamin C
- Helps in cancer prevention
- Promotes healthy digestion
Here is a wonderful recipe for a Radish and Parsnip Salad:
2 cups parsnips, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups radishes, thinly sliced
1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
2 lemons juiced
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Enjoy !