Fun Holiday Tip:
Use process gains like white flour or white pasta for holiday arts and crafts
o Ornaments, holiday figurines, etc.
How to Make Holiday Figurines
from Doug, By eHow Hobbies, Games and Toys Editor
Things you’ll need:
–1/2 c. salt – 1 c. all purpose flour -Varnish
– ½ c. warm water – Flour Sifter -Drinking Straw
– Rolling Pin – Cookie Cutters -Ribbons
– Permanent Markers – Non-toxic Acrylic Paint
- Mix salt and flour together. Add water.
- Knead dough until smooth. The dough should be very stiff. add more flour if it’s too sticky.
- Roll dough out and cut ornaments with cookie cutters, or cut out your own figures and shapes by hand.
- Push a straw, pen, or other thin object through ornament at top to make a hole for hanging.
- Bake ornaments for one hour in oven at low setting.
- Allow to cool.
- You can use markers or non-toxic acrylics or other type of paints. Be creative.
- Coat ornaments with a clear protective coating.
- Put ornament hanger/ribbon through hole and hang.