This summer may be bringing the heat, but that’s not the only thing this beautiful sun has to offer us. The tomatoes are thriving now! This seasonal vegetable is ripe and ready to eat!
About 4 servings
- 3 ripe tomatoes (about 1 ½ Ibs) peeled and chopped
- ½ red onion finely shopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deeded, chopped
- ½ sweet red or green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 or more drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1 cup tomato juice
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend in batches to desired smoothness. If you prefer a more chunky style gazpacho, pulse only a few times in the blender. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Place in a non-reactive container to store in. Chill for several hours or overnight to allow time for the flavors to blend. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/gazpacho/