From generation to generation, dance has always been an intriguing and entertaining form of expression. From ballroom dancing to break dancing, the artistry and discipline involved in dance has captivated and inspired people from all ages and cultures worldwide. American media shows like Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, and America’s Best Dance Crew are only a few examples of how this art form truly amuse and captivate audiences on a large scale.
As we know, kids love to dance, especially the children we see. During our Fit Club program, coaches and interns often catch participants from the Newport-Mesa and Santa Ana Unified School District dancing for recreation. And often, we allow them to.
Here are some benefits of dance:
- It is a great form of exercise.
- It improves overall posture and balance.
- It helps build confidence.
- It is social, providing opportunities to interact and cooperate with others.
- It can help ward off illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis and even depression according to the AARP.
Dance’s health benefits match our vision and mission here at Dr. Patricia MD. In preventing and treating childhood obesity, diabetes and Failure to Thrive, we encourage dance as a form of exercise not only to our clients but everyone able.
Here are some forms of dance to explore:
- Break Dancing
- Hip Hop
- Square Dancing
- Ling Dancing
- Folk Dancing
Now turn the music up and start moving! It’s easy and so much fun!