Whether Taco Tuesday or any other day of the week, tacos are a great decision. The type of taco is endless but here is a healthy taco recipe that can incorporate the cucumber avocado salad that was featured last week. Remember when using tortillas it is best to use corn or 100% whole grain. Flour tortillas are processed.
Soft Tacos + Spicy Chicken
3 chicken breasts halves, skinned
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
1 bay leaf
½ teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
2 canned chipotle chili, seeded and finely diced
1 finely chopped red onion
¼ cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 soft corn tortillas
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Combine bay leaf, oregano, chipotle chili, onion, and vinegar. All chicken to marinate at least an hour or overnight.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and sauté chicken for about 10 minutes or until brown. Turn and cook chicken for about 20 more minutes.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Then heat tortillas in oven for about 5 minutes.
- Chop chicken into strips and place onto tortillas.
- Add toppings like cilantro and fresh tomatoes.