It’s Swap Out Sunday and labor Day weekend! We have a great recipe that will add nutrition and wellness to you life rather than taking it away from you like so many unhealthy BBQ or holiday foods.
Recipe developed from and photo from: http://thenutfreevegan.net/easy-hawaiian-seitan-skewers/
Hawaiian Tempeh Skewers
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup pineapple puree (blended fresh pinapple)
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups tempeh cubed
- 4 large peppers (2 green, 2 red), cut into 1-in. squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-in. squares
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed
- Mix glaze ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Place tempeh, vegetables, pineapple onto skewers until only about 2 inches are showing at top and bottom.
- Brush glaze onto skewer ingredients, coating completely.
- Cook skewers on grill for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the ingredients begin to brown.
Have a healthy and happy Labor Day!