Follow these grocery shopping tips for an enjoyable, stress-free outing:
- Plan to make one shopping trip per week to get the majority of what you need.
- Make a list and keep it in a handy spot to add to it during the week. Take it with you to the store to avoid making impulse buys for things you don’t need.
- If your children go to the store with you, and are old enough, give them a specific item to find in the store. This will give them a sense of accomplishment and help them learn what types of foods are healthy.
- Encourage your children to explore the produce section. Ask them to pick out a fruit or vegetable that they have never tasted before or to find a fruit or vegetable that is a certain color.
- The grocery store is filled with temptations for all of us. Be prepared to give a firm no when your child requests junk food.