My banana tree gave me banana’s this summer! We went from having zero bananas to bunches of them! Sometimes this happens to us even when we don’t have a banana tree. We buy some bananas from the store and then all of sudden we have a lot of ripe bananas all at once. There are a lot of tasty recipes with bananas in them, it’s just that most of the time these recipes call for tons of added sugar.
Here is a great recipe to try with no added sugar that is great for the entire family. This recipes gives loads of potassium, fiber, protein, silica, omega 3s, copper and selenium!
- 4 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup old fashion oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded oatmeal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cacao chips (optional)
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Wisk eggs and mix all wet ingredients together
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together
- Then combine wet and dry ingredients
- Spray or coat a muffin/loaf pan with coconut oil
- Pour non stick muffin pan or use a loaf pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until done check with a toothpick to see if fully cooked.