Ready in 5 minutes
Serves 10 people per bunch
Why Ants on a Log Are Healthy:
* Celery is a vegetable – it is rich in vitamin A, C, and K as well as folate. With a high concentration of water and fibre, celery helps with hydration and remaining full
*Raisins are fruits – can aid in digestion, boost iron levels, and keep bones strong
*Peanut butter is protein-rich. Make sure to read the label to ensure no added hydrogenated oils or sugar. Choose nut butters made with peanuts and maybe salt.
- Peanut Butter
- Wash the celery – Under cool water, using fingers to rub off any dirt and debris.
- Trim and slice – To remove the outer fibrous skin, use a peeler or knife. Once removed the string-like skin, slice the celery into desired length.
- Use a spoon to place a portion of peanut butter on the celery – The amount of peanut butter can be estimated depending on preference.
- Placing the ants– Place the raisins onto the peanut butter. Give a little pressure to the raisin to ensure it sticks on the log.
- Enjoy! Time to eat this delicious snack.
* Pre-cut celery sticks from the store can be used to save time
* Changing the type of spread on the celery can add variety to this snack. Spreads can include hummus, guacamole, and more
* Toppings can also vary dependent on child’s preference and dietary restrictions/needs.