Peanut butter is a great source of healthy fat and protein. What most people don’t know, is that many of the peanut butter brands out there are full of extra chemicals and added sugars that don’t belong there! One tip for looking for a good peanut butter option is to find a jar that has a layer of oil at the top. This tells you that nothing that doesn’t belong in your peanut butter has been put in; the separation of the oil and peanut butter is natural! Just stir it in once you open the jar and it’s good to go. Use this healthy peanut butter to compliment your favorite healthy snack!
Peanut Butter Banana Wraps
Image from: http://everydaydishes.com/simple-food-recipes/peanut-butter-banana-wraps/
One of the toughest food items to make healthy and delicious are snacks. This is most often the downfall of any person attempting to eat healthy since there are so many seemingly healthy snacks out there that are actually full of processed grains and sugar. We are excited to introduce this simple yet tasty recipe for these Peanut Butter Banana Wraps which are the ideal snack for in between meals featuring whole grains, fruit, and protein/healthy fats. Let us know how you like these tasty treats.
- 100% whole wheat tortillas
- 5 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- Chopped walnuts or dried fruits to taste
- Warm a 100% whole wheat tortilla in the microwave to make it easier to roll.
- Spread the peanut butter evenly on one side of the tortilla.
- Place peeled banana on one side of the tortilla and sprinkle desired toppings such as chopped nuts and dried fruits.
- Roll the tortilla around the banana and seal tightly (you may need to add some extra peanut butter to seal up the tortilla ends).
- Enjoy as a snack or take it on the go!